Minister of Public Utilities Robert Le Hunte has appealed to both domestic and commercial customers to conserve electricity and invest in solar technology so the country can become more energy...
You are here
Man slain months after airport arrest
Almost two months after he told police he was forced to jump the fence at the Piarco International Airport because he was being chased by gunmen, David “Baby Bandit” Ector was killed yesterday.
According to a police report, at about 7.45 am Ector was at Simon Road, Carapo, when he was approached by gunmen who shot him several times. Ector died on the scene.
On May 20, Ector, who was freed of being a member of the gang linked to the assassination of Dana Seetahal, SC, was arrested at the airport by Airports Authority security after he was spotted running near the terminal building.
A short video clip of the incident was shared on social media showing him, bare-backed, surrendering to the airport’s security personnel. In the video, Ector was heard attempting to explain his presence in the restricted area. He told security officers he was attacked while walking near the University of T&T’s (UTT) ECIAF Campus at Caroni North Bank Road in Centeno, which borders the runway of the airport. He was charged and taken before an Arima magistrate.
Ector’s murder brought the toll to 297 for the year so far.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.